Dr. Vikas Goswami is a highly qualified and experienced Senior Consultant in Medical Oncology at Fortis Group of Hospitals & IOSPL. He has earned a great reputation nationally, as well as abroad for his ethical and professional approach.
Dr. Vikas is a graduate from one of the top Medical Institutes of the country, the renowned Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. He subsequently pursued his training in Internal Medicine from the reputed Gandhi Medical College in Bhopal. He has further super specialized in the field of Medical Oncology by undergoing a vigorous 3 year training and post doctorate in oncology from the esteemed National Board of Examinations from the top most oncology hospital Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Institute, Delhi (DNB) with only a handful of doctors in India holding such an acclaim.
Dr. Vikas is highly respected and trusted by his patients and colleagues. He is extremely passionate about his work with virtuous as well as individualized clinical approach to assess, serve and treat his patients and is constantly available for any problem of his patients. He has more than 8 years of experience and has done research extensively. He is an excellent speaker and has shared his depth of knowledge on oncology in the form of paper presentations in national & international conferences and workshops.
Presentations and Publications
- Efficacy and toxicity of FOLFOX- 4 as second-line chemotherapy in locally advanced unrespectable and metastatic carcinoma gall bladder: A prospective observational study | 2014 ASCO Annual Meeting Abstracts. J Clin Oncol 32, 2014 (suppl; abstr e15101).
- To study the efficacy and tolerability of cetuximab based chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancer in a tertiary care hospital in India—RGCON 2013 New Delhi--- 2nd PRIZE.
- Treatment of MDS with hypomethylating agents: Experience of a tertiary care cancer centre—ISMPO 2012 Vizag—3rd PRIZE.
- BREASTCON 2013-FEC followed by docetaxel in adjuvant breast cancer.
- Efficacy and safety profile of gemcitabine and erlotinib combination in advanced Ca pancreas in India. Indian journal of Cancer/Nov 2013/Volume 50/Supplement.
- Small Cell Cancer of Gall Bladder – A case series—ISMPO 2012, Vizag.
- Synchronous Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma (NOS) of the Mid-oesophagus and Stomach --Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer September 2012, Volume 43, Issue 1 Supplement, pg 217-220.
- To study the efficacy and tolerability of PACS-01 protocol based chemotherapy in Triple Negative Breast Cancer patients at a tertiary care hospital in India—ACOS 2012, Seoul, Korea.
- NK1 Receptor Antagonist Aprepitant use for the control of chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting (CINV) ISMPO-2011, Bhubaneswar.
- To study the efficacy and tolerability of Ixabepilone and capecitabine based chemotherapy as second linetherapy in metastatic breast cancer patients at a tertiary care hospital in India –ISMPO 2011, Bhubaneswar.